Pastor E. H. Fastenau soon urged the establishment of a Christian Day School as part of the church’s educational program, and by the fall of 1957 the congregation decided to open a kindergarten.
The church continued to grow, and it soon became evident that it was outgrowing its facilities. Groundbreaking for the new building was held on December 16, 1958, and on February 15, 1959, the corner stone was laid together with the date stone of 1866 which had been removed from the old church building. On November 8th the dedication of the new sanctuary took place.
In the spring of 1960 the congregation resolved to add the first and second grade to its educational program. In 1961 a newly installed organ was dedicated to the glory of God and the third grade was added to our school. The years-1962, 1963 and 1964-saw the addition to our school of grades four five and six.
St. Paul Lutheran Day School graduated its first class in June 1965, and two of its graduates entered Baltimore Lutheran High School which was opened in September. A part-time pre-school was added, which was replaced in August of 2002 by a full-time, year-round Early Childhood Center.
Throughout the years, St. Paul Lutheran Church & School has been blessed by God and has used those blessings to serve God and its neighbors. We invite you to join us for worship and in our ministry to Catonsville, surrounding communities, and beyond.